In this 3-hour training, presented by Reclaim611, trainees will learn the definition of human trafficking, common misconceptions, how to recognize the physical & psychological signs of human trafficking, know how to respond using trauma informed care, and appropriately report utilizing customized protocols.
Candace Rich is a North Texas native who has worked in the DFW hospital systems for the last 13 years; the last 6 years in pediatric medicine as a Nurse Practitioner. After learning about the high incidences of human trafficking victims that have contact with healthcare professionals and the lack of knowledge and preparedness to respond, Reclaim611 was born. She believes it is healthcare professionals and hospital systems due diligence to be educated and have the proper protocol in place to respond to our most vulnerable and unseen victims. Reclaim611 exists to fill this gap and unite front-line providers.
Carrie Schirato is a wife, a mother of four, and a Nurse Practitioner. For the past 13 years she has worked as a Family Nurse Practitioner in the emergency room and trauma center. Her favorite thing about emergency medicine is variety; in any given shift there may be an opportunity to save a life, perform an emergent procedure, empathize with the hurting, encourage those who are broken in spirit, advocate for the needy, make someone laugh through their fears, mourn with the grieving, and look into the eyes of another human being to see if there is something they are telling me that they may not be able to express. In 2017, she co-founded an anti-human trafficking non-profit organization called Reclaim611, with two of her long-time friends and colleagues. They each carry their own experiences with the recollection of possible missed victims, however through proper education, training and protocol implementation, share victories of now “seeing” victims.
- Learners Will be able to define the various of human trafficking.
- Learners will be able to recognize the red flags of human trafficking.
- Learners will be able to apply the information they learn in this presentation to real life events.
- Learners will be able o evaluate individuals potentially involved in trafficking and respond appropriately.
- Learners will leave with a knowledge of the laws that assist law enforcement in the response to human trafficking.
- Learners will be able to demonstrate the knowledge they gained during a question and answer session.
- Learner will leave with a better understanding of how to approach victims of trafficking.
- Learners will be trained on the protocols of their agency in regards to human trafficking.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Certificate
Your cart is empty