The training is designed to be a resource for parents in talking with children about personal safety. The parent may watch the videos alone and have a discussion with their child or use the You Are Not Alone to spark conversation.
The Parent/Child Curriculum includes two videos:
Keeping Your Children Safe in the Real and Virtual World helps parents and community members understand the realities of child abuse, empowers them with the language and tools needed to talk with children about personal safety, and explains the types of policies that should be instituted at child-serving organizations to minimize potential for abuse.
You Are Not Alone is designed for children ages 8-14 to teach them the basics of personal safety in both the real and virtual world, including information about a safe home, how to identify an inappropriate touch to their body, who to talk to if something happens to them or someone they care about, and the dangers of sharing personal information online through social media and cell phones.
This course includes:
- Module: Keeping Your Children Safe in the Real and Virtual World
- Module: You Are Not Alone
- Training Certificate
This course is divided into two sections and covers the following objectives:
Keeping Your Child Safe in the Real and Virtual World
- The realities of child abuse detailing the prevalence of abuse in all communities, who perpetrators are, and how they gain access to children through a process called grooming
- Signs and symptoms of abuse as well as their effects on children
- Language and tools needed to talk with children about personal body safety
You Are Not Alone
- Basics of personal body safety
- How to identify an appropriate touch
- How to make a report if something is happening to them or someone they care about
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Certificate- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse
Your cart is empty